POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Uh oh... version 2 (148kbu) : Re: Uh oh... version 2 (148kbu) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh oh... version 2 (148kbu)
From: Mack Tuesday
Date: 26 Jan 2003 22:00:12
Message: <web.3e349fcedc246a2354f5973f0@news.povray.org>
My opinions:

First of all, I love the expressions on those dudes.  Your models are
really well done and their humor really comes through.  I also think the
lighting and textures are impressive.  That brick wall looks *great*.

Things I'd change:
- I'd saturate the color of the bricks more and redden them a bit.
(Maybe it's just my monitor, but I doubt it.)
- I'd fill in the missing bricks or put holes in the mortar where the
bricks are supposed to be.  Brick walls with missing bricks have holes.
- I'd make the guy in the middle look like he is ready to catch the
ball or has just passed it to someone else.  To me, anyway, he looks a
bit confused about the ball, like he's never seen one before or isn't
sure what to do with it.
- You might want to make the shadows sharper.  Sunlight shadows aren't
perfectly sharp but I think they might be sharper than what you have.

The whole thing looks like a scaled-down version of some original,
which is okay, in my opinion.  I'm just pointing it out because it
often isn't the intended effect.