POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated mesh texturing problems... : Animated mesh texturing problems... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:42:19 EDT (-0400)
  Animated mesh texturing problems...
From: dwmitch
Date: 25 Jan 2003 17:10:03
Message: <web.3e330abd405bd5556dda82780@news.povray.org>
I've been working with <a href = "http:\\www.blender3D.org">Blender's</a>
POV export script and doing the actual texturing in POV-Ray. It's been
working for stills, but the problem comes when I animate the meshes.

The script exports one mesh for each frame with an all inclusive pointer to
the meshes (i.e, you only have to edit one file for the texture to apply to
all frames). When I apply a pattern such as agate or bozo or a normal such
as bumps the pattern transforms each frame. For example, I have a robot
with bumpy orange "skin" that's torn to reveal metal. Each frame the "skin"
moves, grows, shrinks, etc.

Is there any way to get it to be constant so that when the mesh moves
forward the textures remain constant, meaning the same amount of "skin" is
on the hand and in the same location for the entire animation?