POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP stargate : Re: WIP stargate Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP stargate
From: rmorehouse
Date: 25 Jan 2003 04:55:04
Message: <web.3e325d51254a5271186aded30@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote:

>The only remaining differences seem lighting effects due to the fact
>that the lights are striking Chevron6 at different angles. One way to
>get rid of such lighting effects would be to remove the filter component
>from Chevron7 (so that you can't see the specular reflections from
>Chevron6 behind it) and possibly give it finish {ambient 1}.
>
>Mike Williams
>Gentleman of Leisure

Thanks Mike!!

finish {specular 0.7} in SGTex was screwing it up.

i fixed this by making a thin section of Chevron7 with white pigment.
so that Chevron6 would not show through.

that way I could keep Chevron6 as is.

rendering the sucker again but will put the rest of the gate in the picture.
Will post it later today

#declare LitChevron=union{
object{Chevron5}
object{Chevron6}
intersection {object{Chevron7} object{Chevron7 translate <0,.002,-.002>}
no_shadow pigment{Chlitglass2}}
difference{object{Chevron7} object{Chevron7 translate
<0,.002,-.002>} pigment{White}}
cylinder{y*109,y*112,.15 scale<3,1,1> translate -2.2*z texture{SGTex} }
object{chevlightshp pigment{Chlitglass1} finish {F_Glass1} interior{I_Glass}
translate y*106 translate z*-2}
object{Chevlights translate y*106 translate z*-2}
}

Richard