POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recursive image - one command : Re: Recursive image - one command Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursive image - one command
From: gonzo
Date: 21 Jan 2003 19:50:05
Message: <web.3e2de9d6a51a66aea0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

>You could just have a scene file that said things like:
>
>#if ( frame_number = 3 )
>    // draw objects that only appear in frame 3
>#end
>
>Then render it as an animation, each time using the previous frame as an
>image_map.

My basic idea was something similar using switch statement in a loop to
setup the objects, but I didn't want 4 images (nitpicky terminology; then
its animation not a recursive still).

So I guess there's no way to call(render) from within a scene file :(
Actually, thinking about it, its rather obvious that a command like that in
a loop would have serious implications for parsing...

Hmmmm, does POV automatically assign frame numbers, or can I render 4 frames
all with the same name, something like
next_frame_number=current_frame_number (have never played with animation...
I don't have the patience...)

RG