POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tank of water : Re: Tank of water Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tank of water
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 10 Jan 2003 23:15:04
Message: <web.3e1f99077a90f9dec571aa6c0@news.povray.org>
> I can't wait for AMD 64bit CPU :) They'll rock!

Drool, drool, drool...

Makes you wonder why Intel is still selling 32bit CPUs, seeing as they have
already made the 64bit Itanium. You'd expect such a superior processor to
immediatly replace the inferior P3 and P4.

> Is there a POV-Ray version that supports 64bit CPUs?

I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already made a 64bit
compile to run on the Itanium. I think if it has been done, it was probably
been done for Linux first (although there would probably have been a
Windows version shortly after).

Rohan _e_ii