POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : reflective caustics with radiosity : Re: reflective caustics with radiosity Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflective caustics with radiosity
From: JRG
Date: 29 Dec 2002 20:55:02
Message: <web.3e0fa5e4be56d4eb978071460@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>First the radiosity-version, then the photon_map-version.
>
>It seems like radiosity does take IOR and reflection into account..
>
>cool :)
>
>What we need now, is a way to "direct" the radiosity samples, so samples
>will only be taken in the direction of other objects.  (Wouldn't be of much
>use when a sky sphere is used though...)

All this is pretty interesting and all, but I doubt it's got practical
applications. If you want HDRI and photons and no light_sources just render
a first version with light_sources and use save_file in the photons block
(you can stop the render just after building the photon map, you don't need
actually render the scene). Then get rid of the lightsource/sources and
change save_file with load_file. Simple as that. I haven't followed all
this discussion so I apology if this was already suggested.

--
Jonathan.