POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fake radiosity? : Fake radiosity? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Fake radiosity?
From: Horacio Fagundez
Date: 13 Dec 2002 22:05:03
Message: <web.3dfa9e5118e1e4275f30aa070@news.povray.org>
Using the two pass and dummy textures technique as explain Jaime Vives
Piqueres in his homepage, with Kari Kivisalo ideas too, I rendered the
following stills.
In the first I rendered with dummy textures at low resolution and a gradient
texture sphere as background and save radiosity data.
Next using the saved data I made a render without the spere and with a
texture.
Finally in the third I added a plane, it looks fine, some black stripes are
due to a low parameters in radiosity settings (my computer is a little
slow).
Using the plane at first with radiosity I never can obtain this global
illumination, so I think that in some cases could be useful if we can
specify for any object in the scene an radiosity environment, I don`t know
if it is compatible with the radiosity algorithm.
http://www25.brinkster.com/ca0s/ufowaiter/cubos3textradiosave.jpg
http://www25.brinkster.com/ca0s/ufowaiter/cubos3textradio.jpg
http://www25.brinkster.com/ca0s/ufowaiter/cubos3textradioplano.jpg
Comments and ideas are welcome.
                   Horacio Fagundez hfa### [at] adinetcomuy