POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : some kind of lamp [0/1] (640x480 jpg ~90k) : Re: some kind of lamp [0/1] (640x480 jpg ~90k) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some kind of lamp [0/1] (640x480 jpg ~90k)
From: Mack Tuesday
Date: 9 Dec 2002 03:05:04
Message: <web.3df44e903f7f4aa754f5973f0@news.povray.org>
Aaron Gillies wrote:
>Ross:
>
>Very interesting modeling on the lamp stand, although
>I suppose you would have to drill a hole in the table
>to get it to stand like that. ;)

First of all, I love this image.  Great design.  I'd have
half a mind to buy something like this if I saw it in a
store.

Aaron has a good point.  Unless the metal is particularly
dense, the post should not be centered on the base.
Rather, the base should be more centered under the shade,
with the post coming down through a point maybe an inch
or so from the center of the base.  You might also
consider making the base elliptical rather than circular.
Of course, these are just ideas coming off the top of my
head.  You can take them or leave them.