POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gravestone WIP (100kB bu) : Re: Gravestone WIP (100kB bu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gravestone WIP (100kB bu)
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 5 Dec 2002 08:55:05
Message: <web.3def59c2db5deda35e1740d90@news.povray.org>
Renderdog wrote:
>The trees look excellent. I've not heard of arboretum before; I mostly
>see people using the Maketree macro. Can you say something about how
>you created the trees?

Arboretum is a free addon to the shareware package Forester. An evaulation
version of Forester and Arboretum can be downloaded from
http://www.dartnall.f9.co.uk but to export to POV you will need to purchase
the full product at $35, the actual trees in this image were based on the
example files which can also be downloaded from that site.

The main advantage of these trees over those from Gilles' Maketree macro are
that these are mesh{} objects and can therefor be duplicated with only a
slight increse in memory consumption. It is possible to modify the maketree
code to also export meshes but I'm lazy...:)

Kev