POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Noise generators : Re: Noise generators Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:42:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noise generators
From: Alex
Date: 2 Dec 2002 10:10:04
Message: <web.3deb7751a939e81015e7f0160@news.povray.org>
>Check the source code for details.  there have also been discussions about
>the noise functions, iirc in the povray.beta-test group.
>
>We know about the paper and have it, yes.

I didn't mean to imply that the POV Team wasn't paying attention to the rest
of world.

I just remembered a thread about noise discontinuities during beta-test and
I thought: "This is the same problem...Hmmm...send a note to the POV
groups, just in case."

>Well, the release date of POV-Ray 3.5 should give you a very clear
>indication about this...

The paper has been circulating in various pre-publication state since some
months...

cya
Alex