POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 : Re: IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1
From: JRG
Date: 25 Nov 2002 15:35:06
Message: <web.3de28881953a58f5978071460@news.povray.org>
hughes, b. wrote:
>Nice scene started there, sure hope you can complete it okay. Looks like
>photons are not used (yet?).

No Martini no p... I mean no lightsources no photons, and no I'm not going
to mess with lightgroups or tricks like that... ;-)

>I like the model home look myself. Tends to show how well CG can be shown in
>a realistic way while it can still be seen as CG. And if I were to show this
>to some people they'd ask if I have a new kitchen without knowing the truth
>anyway. It looks very good as is, very fine work on that. Maybe the tile
>paintings could have less relief though. My mother paints such things a lot
>and these are somewhat lumpy with those highlights showing.

Actually I added that bumpiness just because I thought it looked cool... not
because of any real reference... hmm I'll try different combos and choose
what I see fit.

Thanks!

--
Jonathan