POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 : Re: IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC (Frozen Moment) WIP 1
From: JRG
Date: 25 Nov 2002 15:25:06
Message: <web.3de286a3953a58f5978071460@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>Very nice scene! A few suggestions:

Thank you.

>1. Make those dots on the oven larger so that none of them are missed.

So no need for a 2048x1596 render?? Wow I'm the king of dumbs... ;-)

>2. Excellent wood texture, but I would expect the wood to look stained or
>something (right now it looks like someone just put it together).

Yes. Some dirt on it is on my to do list.

>3. Vary the wall tiles a little. Maybe have 3 different (but similar) kinds
>of tiles, or have most of them plain except for an occasional, random
>flowery one, or something like that. The repetition is too strong right now,
>I think.

Consider it done.

>4. Make sure the final composition doesn't have the head-on shot that this
>picture has. Take it from a more interesting angle.

Sure. This is just a test render to see how things blend together :-)

>5. Make us a tutorial on texturing. =)

?? Most of them are very cheap single layer textures... nothing really
fancy.

>Sounds like you almost ran out of memory.

Nope. Quicktime caused an error in kernel32.dll or something... a classic
but scary! Thank you very much for your input!

--
Jonathan.