POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seven dots show the sky : Re: Seven dots show the sky Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seven dots show the sky
From: Alex
Date: 21 Nov 2002 03:40:04
Message: <web.3ddc9abeaf7e67115e7f0160@news.povray.org>
Philippe Debar wrote:
>See attached images (turbidity 1.0 and 8.0 skies)
>Sunrise is the same as sunset, except for the orientation (which isn't yet
>implemented)

Very nice!

A question, tho...
These 2 images are made with a 360 deg camera, right?
The white band near the horizon is expected?
I don't have the paper handy to check, so I wonder if it's an artifact of
the model or an artifact of the particular scene.

>I figured I would pass, as I believe it would require a patch (or a
>post-process).
>But I will surely try one day to reproduce it with media, loosing all the
>speed which was the model point.

Media can be slow, indeed...

>Soon, I promise. But right now it is still quickly  mutating.

When-It's-Ready(tm) is an accepted and *much* appreciated release date.

Many thanks for the work,
Alex