POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Slime-POV feature: function camera : Re: New Slime-POV feature: function camera Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Slime-POV feature: function camera
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 19 Nov 2002 19:40:37
Message: <web.3ddad892525c5852b2769afa0@news.povray.org>
>I used it to create an effect that I remember someone asking about not too
>long ago, where the camera looks in all directions creating an image that
>can be wrapped around a cube.

That was me asking about that. The wrapping seems to work best if the source
image has a fairly high resolution. Using Ken Silverman's Kube viewer,
which I think runs at 640*480 by default, 512*512 pixels for the rendered
views seems to look best (there probably wouldn't be much point in using
anything higher). Well, from what I've tried hi-res inputs look best.
Low-res inputs don't give a very good picture - they end up with the pixels
from the source becoming visible, and making the cube noticeable. I'll post
my images in here IF the admins ever get around to adding attatchments
capability to the web interface.

My cubeview images so far are a landscape, and a group of simple objects,
and 2 sky tests.

Rohan _e_ii