POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
7 Oct 2024 01:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: normdoering
Date: 8 Nov 2002 16:40:12
Message: <web.3dcc2eea195c50e455d3e9910@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>normdoering <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> No, I found those. I mean using them in creative ways.
>> Ways I'm not going to think of for awhile.
>
>  You can make your own versions of those macros with more features. But
>this requires more or less deep knowledge about the POV-Ray scene description
>language, which is can only be achieved with practice and more practice.
>It's not something you will learn in 5 minutes.

Yea, I know -- but thanks for pointing them out to me, everyone. If I hadn't
asked for the "wireframe" feature I would never have known I could get a
macro to read data from a 2D picture and write a mesh2 file.

This feature is, potentially, actually more powerful than what I asked for.
Problem is I'll have to do a lot of very hard macro writing to get what I
want.

Has anyone worked with this feature and webpublished, written similar
macros? More examples would be a help.

normdoering