POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 23:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: normdoering
Date: 7 Nov 2002 20:20:03
Message: <web.3dcb1100195c50e4a5ab7de50@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>Honestly man, I think you need to work with POV-Ray a lot longer so that you
>have a real fundamental understanding of how it works before you attempt
>whatever it is you're trying to do. I think your understanding of
>isosurfaces is too limited for us to explain how to do... whatever it is
>you're trying to do.
>
>At the very least, you need a good explanation of how isosurfaces work,
>because your explanation of how you think they work holds no similarity to
>how they actually do.
>
> - Slime

No, just working with pov doesn't tell you how it's programmed. I'm not
really that interested in how it's programmed. I'm not talking about
patching this myself.

What I really need now is examples of creative use of the HF_ macros. Maybe
someone out there is using those HF_ macros in shapes.inc in a way similar
to what I have in mind? I don't know. But before I reinvent the wheel I'd
like to find out what's been done already.

normdoering