POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : how do I use ini files on mac? : how do I use ini files on mac? Server Time
18 May 2024 02:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  how do I use ini files on mac?
From: tim
Date: 5 Nov 2002 16:40:12
Message: <web.3dc839b02a93d2942a5c704b0@news.povray.org>
greetings,

I have a large number of files to render using POV-Ray 3.5 (Mac OS X).  all
of these files will use the same render settings (image size & format, AA,
quality, etc).  currently I have been opening each new file, changing the
settings via the menu, and then rendering.  now that I have the settings
the way I like, I want to use them as the default set.  it is unwieldy to
have to change 4-5 settings every time I open a new file - hundreds of them
to come :-(

I thought to do this by writing an .ini file, so I read the Help and wrote
the file "mysettings.ini".  unfortunately, I have no idea where to put
this file, or how to tell POV-Ray to use it as the default.  and being a
longtime Mac user, I am all thumbs outside a GUI (no command-line gene, I
guess ;-).

can someone please help me set this up?

many thanks,

tim