POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : mac pov-ray 3.5 and opening files : mac pov-ray 3.5 and opening files Server Time
18 May 2024 02:50:01 EDT (-0400)
  mac pov-ray 3.5 and opening files
From: tim
Date: 2 Nov 2002 21:45:11
Message: <web.3dc48ce853ac2ad32a5c704b0@news.povray.org>
hello,

apologies up front if I am beating a dead horse; I did look thru the list
but couldn't find any answers.

I have a pov file that I created in win2k, then compressed and ftp'd to my
Mac (G4 PB, 800MHz).  the file will open in Pov-Ray 3.5 (build 173) under
OS X 10.1.5, after I open it in BBEdit and save it out with Mac line
endings and BBEdit creator.  no problem, except parsing and rendering take
a long time in OS X - a very long time, in some cases.

I really need to render faster, so I booted my PB in 9.2.2, launched Pov-Ray
3.5 again, and it won't open the file at all.  the exact error msg is:

The file "m06v01.pov" could not be used.
Error: can not open file (-108).

other files that have gone thru the same process (win2k to mac) give the
same error.  I've tried (per other list msgs) changing the file extension
to .pov.txt; copying the contents of the file opened in BBEdit and pasting
into a blank Pov-Ray document (Paste is not available); saving the file in
OSX Pov-Ray first; opening and saving the file in Pov-Ray 3.5 for windows
first.  no luck.

can anyone help?  OS X is fine, but much too slow for the batch of files I
need to render.

thanks for any help,

-tim
<lis### [at] molvisionscom>