POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. : Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray.
From: Lunaxx
Date: 24 Oct 2002 17:15:09
Message: <web.3db86207cc9733b586cf4c6f0@news.povray.org>
Lunaxx wrote:
>Hi everyone!
>
>I just started with POV-Ray & Moray and I would really appreciate it if
>someone could help me with a few problems (I'm sorry if this is wrong place
>to post).
>
>First: When I render a normal image with POV-Ray, it turns out to be OK.
>There's just one problem. For example if I render sphere and map it with
>some kind of material, for example blue Azurite stone (I'm using Moray)
>everything looks Ok, except the fact that there's dithering in the sphere.
>It looks like if there would be only like 16 shades of blue or something,
>not 256 as it should be. I wonder what's wrong? I don't have 256 color
>desktop or anything...
>
>My other problem concerns Moray & POV-Ray co-work. When I render a scene
>from Moray, POV-Ray opens normally, but it displays an error message when
>trying to render the image. It says: Command line error: Unrecognized
>output file format X. However, when i load the scene in POV-Ray after this,
>it renders it completely normally. What should I do??
>
>Thanks in advance, J.K.

SORRY!

It seems that this message should have been in Moray-section. Well anyway, I
managed to fix to second problem (Moray&Pov co-work), but now there's just
a new problem :-(. Great. When POV-Ray is starting render it shows a alert
box, which says StretchDIBits () failed (Windows error). What the hell this
might be? In addition to this the background of my rendered image is
chequered like a chess board????

Sorry about this hassle...

J.K