POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. : Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray.
From: Lunaxx
Date: 24 Oct 2002 16:45:04
Message: <web.3db85b808c57011486cf4c6f0@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone!

I just started with POV-Ray & Moray and I would really appreciate it if
someone could help me with a few problems (I'm sorry if this is wrong place
to post).

First: When I render a normal image with POV-Ray, it turns out to be OK.
There's just one problem. For example if I render sphere and map it with
some kind of material, for example blue Azurite stone (I'm using Moray)
everything looks Ok, except the fact that there's dithering in the sphere.
It looks like if there would be only like 16 shades of blue or something,
not 256 as it should be. I wonder what's wrong? I don't have 256 color
desktop or anything...

My other problem concerns Moray & POV-Ray co-work. When I render a scene
from Moray, POV-Ray opens normally, but it displays an error message when
trying to render the image. It says: Command line error: Unrecognized
output file format X. However, when i load the scene in POV-Ray after this,
it renders it completely normally. What should I do??

Thanks in advance, J.K.