POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : varnish test : Re: varnish test Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: varnish test
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 8 Oct 2002 12:50:16
Message: <web.3da30af4ea2d989a9c5824bd0@news.povray.org>
Marc Champagne wrote:

>I tried your varnish on this thing of mine, looks pretty good.

thanks!

>How did you come up with the sky_sphere gradient and the use of pow()?

I took the sky sphere colors from an old terragen sky render. The pow
commands are needed to adjust the colors to the gamma value of 1 (colors of

adjusting them).

>I'm simply trying to understand how folks come up with exotic ways to
>create textures/colors, in this case a world for reflections.

There are real texture masters like Gilles Tran, Mick Hazelgrove, Rune,
Margus Ramst and some others more.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/18258/
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/22367/

Norbert