POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stains : Re: Stains Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stains
From: Jkior
Date: 6 Oct 2002 22:30:06
Message: <web.3da0f0e5e389b6f1ebbd77600@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>It depends what exactly you want...just a mark from the water level
>being higher in the past than it is now? Use a gradient pattern with
>some turbulence. Marks from water dripping and running down a wall? A
>bit more difficult, an image map would give the most control, but you
>could do it with a function pattern or even an object pattern with a bit
>of turbulence. The object pattern will always give a sharp edge though,
>with no soft edges or differences in color from distance to the stain
>edge.
>
>Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
>POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
>http://tag.povray.org/

I'd like water stains leaking around concrete blocks - so sharp edges won't
be a problem. However, I can't seem to be able to find anything in the
documentation explaining object patterns - "object" and "patterns" are the
ultimate in non-specific search terms in the pov docs. If object patterns
won't work, however, how will it be possible to wrap an image map around
the inside of a toroid (CSG) - a curving tunnel, circular in cross section?

Thanks!

Jkior