POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Show casing Products : Re: Show casing Products Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:29:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Show casing Products
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 11 Sep 2002 14:25:06
Message: <web.3d7f866aa83b6b48c7e287770@news.povray.org>
Hugo wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It's a nice model. As you noted yourself, the background needs to be
>improved. The sky is okay but the white ground is unpleasant for my eyes.
>The logos may not be high resolution, but they look more jerky than I would
>expect. Have you added "interpolate 2" in the  .. hmm how to say this, let
>me show you:
>
>pigment { image_map { tga "something.tga" interpolate 2 } }

I'm not familiar with the interpolate 2  or what it does, I'll look at the
docs try and understand it and apply it.

>If you already have this, I'd say a bigger logo resolution could do wonders
>to the overall quality. Also, if you want a more realistic look of the
>object, you could add more texture to it, such as bump-map, a bit of
>reflection and a metallic pigment image.
>
>You seem to have put a lot of time into converting the model to POV, but
>regarding the UV mapping, in this case you only need cylindrical mapping
>which is available natively in POV. You don't need UV mapping for this, even
>on a mesh.

The parts where already made in Pro Engineer, so that was irrelavant.
Finding a process to convert the files and put the uv mapping on was the
painful part.  Now that I understand the processes it doesn't take too long.

>Radiosity is probably no help in your scene. If you decide to use it, I
>suggest you add it as the last step, when you already have the rest in place
>(the enviroment, ground, background)..
I'll try it that way.

>But, nice work.. Keep us updated.  ;o)
Thanks