POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Show casing Products : Show casing Products Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Show casing Products
From: Tony LaVigne
Date: 11 Sep 2002 00:10:09
Message: <web.3d7ec15839103f5788d4e3910@news.povray.org>
This movie is a tool for augmenting presentations.  The quality of audio
visual aids in presentations has been enhanced with computers and user
friendly software.  POVRAY renderings can be impressive backup for anything
to do with marketing.

The model was built in Pro-Engineer, saved as 3dPaint (obj), I translated
most of the parts to with my own converter, but to uv map the logos it was
imported into Ultimate Unwrap 3d where it was exported as a pov smooth mesh
(the I could not acquire high resolution bitmaps for the logos as you will
see).

437 frames at 20frames/sec (200 megaHerz), rendered about 30/frame.   I am
still new at this, I haven't had the time to put a proper scenery in the
back ground.  I need to search the archives for time saving with radiosity.

It is long, so let the downloader beware (3.8 meg)
http://tiger.seatech.fau.edu/~sonar/IMG/modemLogo437.mpg (3.8 Meg)

Please feel free to critique (like I'd have a choice anyway)