POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Apparent bug Animating smoke-filled solid : Apparent bug Animating smoke-filled solid Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Apparent bug Animating smoke-filled solid
From: VAXHeadroom
Date: 9 Sep 2002 13:45:11
Message: <web.3d7cddea8dca75cc1f8d55a20@news.povray.org>
Greetings!
   I'm working on an animation where one scene is using a
smoke-filled solid.  A test render for proof of concept
turned up a wierd error in the later frames.  I've posted
a ZIP file on my website that contains:
  1) three of the 100 frames
  2) POV and INI files (facetest.pov)
  3) necessary GIF images and .INC files to re-render the animation

This *may* be related to the well-known 'lathe' bug, but maybe not since
the problem shows up differently as I translate the media (the
solid it self does not move).

If someone else can offer any comments on how to avoid this problem,
your help will be GREATLY appreciated.

I can't post to the bugreports group, or I'd have posted this there.

http://www.untiedmusic.com/media_error.zip

Thanks in advance for any help/comments!

Emory Stagmer
  Bass/12string/keyboards/windsynth for Ezekiel's Wheel
  Executive Producer, UnTied Music
    http://www.untiedmusic.com
  Author, Pov-Herm (Hermite curves for POV)
    http://www.geocities.com/emory_stagmer