POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Watermill : Re: Watermill Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watermill
From: Jinx
Date: 30 Aug 2002 10:20:04
Message: <web.3d6f7e9c99b34ca5302903ba0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the comments so far...

I have two problems with the wood textures:
1) If I scale it too small, all I get is a (pretty) moire texture which
doesn't look in the slightest bit real.
2) No matter what I try, I can't seem to get black_hole "knots" to look real
either.

I'm still working on it, so I'll see what happens.

Oh, and I'm looking at a completely different method of creating the walls:
I'm messing around with the isosurface, and one method I'm thinking of using
is a function using the crackle map intersected with boxes, with internal
boxes as mortar. (I'll post an example on mudhole within a week).

Nigel