POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dual processor : Re: Dual processor Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dual processor
From: Acidd UK
Date: 5 Aug 2002 11:10:23
Message: <web.3d4e94e86aa730aeb7fd4d090@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:
>"Acidd_UK" <nomail[at]nomail> wrote in message
>>
>> PS Anyone with suggestion on what to add to an "Aztec temple at sunset"
>> picture let me know :)
>
>How about an Aztec temple and a sunset?
>
>> It's currently a bit basic (stepped pyramid on bad
>> grass :)
>
>Ah - well you're half-way there. Shame about the bad grass - was it oregano or
>something?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk! Well, its also got nice clouds, torch lights running up the
steps and a couple of dodgy looking obelisks at the top - but really I
don't know what to put as the centre piece on the top. I've considered a
'magical' feel with lightning and other lighting effects but I'd rather go
for realism. I also considered a sacrificial scene, but my madskillz aren't
quite up to living / dying mammals yet (I can't even get the grass right!)
So I think it's going to be some sort of altar and maybe the sun's rays
shining through a scattering media over the top... hmm that might work
quite well thinking about it. Anyway, I might post it in a day or two when
it looks vaguely acceptable. It's a bit daunting when the stuff on the
binary.images group look like photos :(

Oh, and you didnt answer my main question!

Tom