POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post: Crystal Ball : Re: First Post: Crystal Ball Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post: Crystal Ball
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 4 Aug 2002 21:35:08
Message: <web.3d4dd54df78db75d18ccf4f70@news.povray.org>
I made a crystal ball scene with POV-Ray 3.1 which used media inside it (and
was a little related to Harry Potter). Took ages to render, nothing like 3
days though. I'd post it here, except the web interface doesn't support
attatchments (hurry up admins!) and I can't access the regular news group
from uni.

I hate really slow renders. :-( I think anything longer than 5 minutes is
too slow (my slowest render so far was 1.5 hours, and that had a very large
max_trace_level).

Rohan _e_ii