POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Laser glitches : Re: Laser glitches Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laser glitches
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 28 Jul 2002 21:32:01
Message: <web.3d449ae74db7c3a5d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

>> 1. A circular disc appears at the location of the light source and can
>> be seen through objects.
>>

>Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that.

Take a look at the laser itself, you can see a black disc about halfway
along the case, that is where the light source is located, you might need
to adjust your gamma correction or monitor settings to see it clearly.

>> 2. An extra beam appears in the middle of the image.
>
>I was able to remove that one by commenting out the "parallel"-keyword from
>the laser light-source.

The problem is that if you do that, the light no longer accurately simulates
a laser.

Rohan _e_ii