POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV3.5 source code : Re: POV3.5 source code Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV3.5 source code
Date: 26 Nov 2001 03:19:43
Message: <wbadxauel8.fsf@jones.oslo.infostream.no>
["Nathan Kopp" <nat### [at] koppcom>]
| development source code to be available.  Anyway, POV is different, so there
| are "reasonable" (though maybe not "obvious") reasons why the beta source is
| unavailable.

I'm guessing the reason is support, and this is also the reason why there's
a timeout on the beta-versions. Preferably there should be only one
official version around, and not lots of different betas.

Also, I seem to remember from a few years back when I was actually a
beta-tester for the Amiga-version, that compiling the darn thing while it
was still in development was not for the timid.

I was going to say that I can't wait to get my hands on the source, but
I guess I'll have to. :)

--
It's a dark day for mad science.