POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Color space conversion? : Re: Color space conversion? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 12:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color space conversion?
Date: 4 May 2000 10:02:32
Message: <wb3dny5s7a.fsf@infostream.no>
[Vahur Krouverk <vah### [at] aetecee>]
| No, I'm not going to support CMYK. There is number of reasons:
| Firstly, because RM SL does not support it (it supports 6 above
| mentioned color spaces, AFAIK) and I want to make this patch as
| compatible with RM as it would be possible.
| Secondly, I don't think, that CMYK is needed for POV-Ray. If someone

Too bad POV-Ray doesn't support colors outside of the RGB-cube, like
the LAB-format, which contains all colors visible to the human eye,
like blacklight and other neat colors your monitor can't display.
Of course, since no commercially available display exists to show the
darn image, and certainly no printer that can print it, it's rather moot.

--
A penny for your thoughts.
Mine are more expensive.