POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Is the "File Open" dialog box missing a few file types? : Re: Is the "File Open" dialog box missing a few file types? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is the "File Open" dialog box missing a few file types?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 17 Sep 2001 00:24:33
Message: <wXelO7aCB7ZTmKQejWKNl1mfvixU@4ax.com>
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:37:24 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<newsadmin@-despam-povray.org> wrote:

>> Well, it's certainly not more "appropriate" from a users viewpoint,
>
>I disagree. The more file types I add to the drop-down box, the longer
>it takes the 99% of users who do not use these additional extensions
>(*.xml, *.html, *.java, and all the other types the editor understands)
>to scroll through the list of types in the drop-down box to find the one
>they want.

Heh...  Not if you place the POV file types at the "top" of the list.
:)

Seriously though, this isn't worth arguing about. I truly appreciate
all your efforts on POV-Ray, but it's clear you don't want to add this
small feature. I can live with that.

>I've already added .mcr since I believe it is becoming fairly common. I
>would have te be convinced that a large number of users are editing files
>using the other extensions before I added them.
>
>-- Chris

That's certainly fair. I appreciate the addition of ".mcr" to the list
of  recognized file types.

I also want to make sure you realize how much we all appreciate
POV-Ray, and all the hard work that you, and all the other team
members put into it.

Thanks for listening,
Glen