POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : here it is with spinning physics : Re: here it is with spinning physics Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: here it is with spinning physics
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Jan 2000 01:53:32
Message: <vzyNOMITkgx+C9Ej94+Mv8zTCn99@4ax.com>
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 19:47:40 -0700, Noah A <vip### [at] powersurfrcom>
wrote:

>there is currently a povray export python script that is being improved slowly.
>
>I CAHALLENGE YOU ALL TO MAKE SOMTHING THE SAME OR BETTER! with render ytime of less
>than 72h

I'm sure Lance can do it :)

And I challenge you to make a scene with volumetrics, radiosity,
blurred reflection, refraction, dispersion and caustics in less than a
year (before someone implements raytracing in Blender) :)))

If a piece of software is on the market (generally speaking, even if
the s/w is free) then there must be at least one thing it's better at
than others in the same price range. Blender's obviously good at
volumetrics and particles, ok, and I've seen very motion-wise
realistic anims made with it. Still, I think one should confine such
to the off-topic. I, for example, have set up my newsreader so that it
saves all attachments from p.b.i. in a separate directory so that I
can browse them from time to time. I'd hate to see such a cool
explosion as yours, search for the post and find out it has not been
made with POV.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700