POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : These words : Re: These words Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: These words
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Apr 2008 04:06:45
Message: <vtqt04t8goulbjv3j0rt9c4frrjk3m5igc@4ax.com>
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:16:21 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
wrote:

>I've only ever heard it in reference to Starbucks. :-)

I've heard it in Italy

>And, incidentally, yes, Oedipus is supremely f'ed up.

His head only got messed up when he found out that Jocasta was his
mother.

>That's pretty much
>why it's still a part of the language thousands of years after it was
>written, in a different language yet.

I think that its longevity is more due to it being used as an example
of "Whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad"
--

Regards
     Stephen