POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baseball, 24kbu : Re: Baseball, strike two 28kbu Server Time
3 Oct 2024 12:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Baseball, strike two 28kbu
From: Peter Popov
Date: 22 Feb 2000 10:05:52
Message: <vqSyOCPWxO94M0toMU+R120R4MuZ@4ax.com>
On 22 Feb 2000 12:43:01 +0100, as### [at] jeevesstudntnuno (Sigmund Kyrre

>"Eric Freeman" <eri### [at] datasynccom> writes:
>
>> Very nice image.  You might consider Rhino for making that glove.  You can
>
>I'll check it out. I've seen some very nice models done with Rhino, but I
>didn't know there was a trial version. How good is the pov-export? Do you
>have good control of object groups/unions?

The POV export is pretty good. It can export a big POV file or a small
POV file and a separate INC for every object. It would have been good
if all elements on a layer could be made into a single mesh, but even
now preparing a 50 MB exported mesh for rendering takes about 5
minutes.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700