POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Why is Moray axe system diffrent from POV Ray : Re: Why is Moray axe system diffrent from POV Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is Moray axe system diffrent from POV Ray
From: Alan Kong
Date: 25 Feb 2001 14:34:47
Message: <vomi9t833s1s0s44r2cbjbme4dke2sk7la@4ax.com>
On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:00:10 +0200 Bogdan wrote:

>thats exacltly what i needed: a way to convert from
>Moray to POVRay "by hand" so to speak...

  Hi, Bogdan. If you go to John Van Sickle's macro page below, he has a
declared transform called FlipYZ that can be used to convert objects in
Moray to the default POV-Ray left-handed system.

http://enphilistor.users4.50megs.com/macs.htm

>I was under the impression MORAY is here to help POVRAY users :)
>maybe the next version will add an option to use POVRAY's "left handed"
>system ... maybe...

  Lutz has stated on many occasions that he modeled (no pun intended) Moray
on professional-type CAD programs that he had used and they used a
right-handed coordinate system.

  I would suggest that if an option to use the left-handed system is really
what folks want for Moray, they should all register the program and *then*
voice an opinion. I'm a registered user and while I feel it would be a
welcome addition to a future version of Moray, it isn't something that
really hampers scenes I create with it.