POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Why there are no mesh creation functions? : Re: Why there are no mesh creation functions? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why there are no mesh creation functions?
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 8 Dec 2000 11:24:16
Message: <vm223t4ugc2otg5nj3e1pue1na6uan70m2@4ax.com>
Hi Warp, you recently wrote in povray.programming:

>   Shouldn't mesh.h contain mesh creation functions? Something very simple,
> like eg. StartCreatingMesh(...), AddTriangle(...), AddSmoothTriangle(...),
> DoneCreatingMesh(...) or whatever.
You could always write a Moray plugin. The SDK offers exactly these
functions and will export a mesh2() object or smooth triangles. And
you could you see it in real-time OpenGL shortly after....

I know, "Windows" and all that. Nevermind, I'll go back under my rock
now<g>.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray