POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more ruin [45 Kb] : Re: more ruin [45 Kb] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more ruin [45 Kb]
From: Stephen
Date: 31 Aug 2008 14:54:52
Message: <v6qlb453l6a95m8ggt18fuq1quakk8isrq@4ax.com>
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:28:17 -0400, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

>> BTW what is the rendering time?
>This image with +a0.01, no texture, one light, and preloaded radiosity
>data took 15 min
>This same image with no aa took 4 minutes.

That's quite reasonable times IMO.
I see where you're coming from when there are no normals but you do have normals
in the texture and that makes it more than acceptable in my eyes. But then I'm a
slacker when it comes to doing things properly. If it looks ok then it will do,
for me.
Maybe that is why I go for surrealism instead of photorealism :)
One of these days I'll get placed in a contest that someone else enters :)
--

Regards
     Stephen