POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass sphere comparison between Bryce and POV : Re: Glass sphere comparison between Bryce and POV Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass sphere comparison between Bryce and POV
From: Mike Williams
Date: 25 Aug 2002 08:10:03
Message: <v6MgzGAeiIa9EwaN@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it IMBJR who wrote:
>I think the anti-aliasing is the clue here. Must learn how to get good
>results.
>
>However, the obvious difference between the 2 might be another clue.
>
>This has at least made me conscious of something Bryce does in the way it
>handles certain attributes.

One thing I noticed in "thing_two.jpg" (the first of the two images) is
that the anti-aliassing is only working in the horizontal direction.

I know that POV always remembers the info calculated for the previous
line, so that it can perform anti-aliassing in both directions. I guess
Bryce can be told to switch to one-dimensional anti-aliassing, since in
your previous POV/Bryce images they both seem to have anti-aliassing in
both directions.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure