POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dandelions : Re: Dandelions Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dandelions
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2006 07:28:01
Message: <uhsso21teefrgka0r6clccoa83m07k5g69@4ax.com>
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:14:32 EST, "EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>"Abe" <bul### [at] taconicnet> wrote:
>> Still trying to work on a basic but flexible methodology for building a
>> landscape scene.
>>
>> Critical comments welcome.
>>
>> Abe
>
>The terrain is well balanced by hills and grass fields with little flowers..
>however "Dandelions" don't appear to be dominating the scene or the subject.
> You need more dandelions to achieve that.  There is a huge blank area (the
>blue sky) that seems off balance... off-balance meaning.. that it's huge
>and wide and nothing to fill it... not necessarily meaning that anything is
>wrong with the color.

I disagree with you completely; I think that the scene is nicely balanced. Both
in the ratio of sky to land (I particularly like the diagonal) and the
distribution of dandelions is very good. If it was at a higher resolution I
think I would use it as wallpaper.

Excellent render, it makes me forget I'm a townie :-)

Regards
	Stephen