POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pasing pov in C : Re: Pasing pov in C Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pasing pov in C
From: ABX
Date: 26 Nov 2002 02:36:19
Message: <ug86uuceqpla68acrfpe6k7u40pcr5chhh@4ax.com>
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:23:05 +0100, "Skinou" <ski### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> Hello I am a french student and I work for a school project on a raytracer
> in C wich take a pov file and give a tga file.

There is more than ten years behind POV-Ray. I doubt it is a good idea to
duplicate all features within school project. But if you do not want all
features then you don't need POV-parser probably. Just define some subset of
features you plan to support and then you can create own simple format.

Playing with DocBook I have readed there are some tools to automatically
create parsers for C++ - you only have to define syntax/grammar in XML iirc.
Sorry, I don't remember details.

ABX