POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] : Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cupid's Feed [link to adult themed image]
From: IMBJR
Date: 31 Mar 2004 13:58:12
Message: <ua5m60plr0c733i2fetf1i8p0tg5690gp6@4ax.com>
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:09:36 -0500, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
wrote:

>IMBJR wrote:
>
>> Please understand that I do not care if my work is taken seriously or
>> not. I am not here to earn trust. The work merely stands as it does -
>> as an expression of my mind.
>>
>Then why show it at all?

Because it is a manifestation of my mind, an expression of my self. I
wish to express myself, I do not necessarily expect to explain that
expression or have it become a dialog, which is merely two subjective
entities not understanding one another.

>I thought that Shay's point about establishing trust was quite far
>reaching and filled in piece of the puzzle for me that I couldn't quite
>get to in my own mind.  In short, it helped me further define what the
>symbiosis is between an expressive act and the community which it must
>take place within to have any meaning.  This given our mutual stance
>that private assemblies must be free to establish their own standards
>for individual freedom internally.
>
>No I don't think that a 'work' without an audience can stand on its own.
>  And if you don't engage the community that forms your audience in a
>genuine way, you don't really have an audience.

I don't expect an audience. I expect to express myself.

Now, I know some of you are really struggling with this odd concept
but it really is that simple.

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com