POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Glen Berry
Date: 30 Apr 2000 00:02:02
Message: <uK4LOXy6o8dl1j0Ei1F1CvrO4JVU@4ax.com>
On Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:07:39 -0400, "JR" <lig### [at] innocentcom>
wrote:

>Have any of you ingenious (and I mean that) programmers ever looked into
>incorporating what is called the Metropolis Light Transport algorithms into
>POVRay. This looks like a great method of adding more accurate radiosity
>rendering to the already #1 raytracer.

It looks very interesting, but it's unfortunately beyond my skills to
code this sort of thing. Perhaps someone else is able and interested?
The demo images do look nice.

I wonder if photon mapping would be of any use to this technique?

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )