POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Rim : Re: POV-Rim Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Rim
From: Kyle
Date: 24 Nov 2005 11:48:41
Message: <u8rbo1db89f8cirl2mia52e4pnrtsc3tih@4ax.com>
>doesn't look like metal to me.  You might want to decrease the diffuse and/or ambient
values.

Here's the texture I'm currently using:

  #local RimChrome =
    texture {
      pigment { rgb 0.95 }
      finish {
        ambient 0
        diffuse 0.7
        specular 1
        roughness 1/1500
        metallic
        brilliance 6
        reflection { 0.8 metallic } }
    }

The diffuse may be a little high, but I will revisit all of the
textures when I put the wheel to use in the final image.  I think that
it doesn't look quite right in this image because of the radiosity
artifacts.  You can see how bad the artifacts are if you look at the
black holes near the lower left side of the rim.  This is a dark grey
texture with no pattern.  Lots of obvious artifacts there.  I'm sure
this is the case across the entire rim.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Kyle