POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] : Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: we meat - redux [16-bit JPEG2000]
From: IMBJR
Date: 7 Mar 2004 17:53:54
Message: <tu9n40t8ropvfs6s6pcptctu1menuoohps@4ax.com>
On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 14:32:39 -0800, "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom>
wrote:

>I try not to install software I don't need. So could someone give an honest
>opinion as to whether these pictures are good enough to justify downloading a
>viewer?

Honest? Dear me - that's impossible. How can one be honest about such
things?

And ...

Can you really expect honesty from these people after I have had to
deal with them?

There will even less chance of objectivity now.

>There seem to have been 3 conversations about JPEG2000 and nobody's yet said if
>the pictures are any good! :)

Well I like them - they are nothing special though. Merely experiments
with isosurfaces that I had to satisfy myself with and one involving a
Poser model slice up.

As for getting a viewer that supports it, of course I would suggest
yes - get one. But if you feel happier about not doing so because of
your software-installation policy, then go with what makes you happy.
No one's forcing you do get this facility - it's merely a "suggested
serving".

My First Subgenius Picture Book:
http://www.imbjr.com