POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : uv_mapping : Re: uv_mapping Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv_mapping
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 9 Dec 2001 18:31:42
Message: <tts71ugv06jb72bne9modbc6h5olvss2ru@4ax.com>
Hi Nathan Kopp, you recently wrote in povray.binaries.images:

> So... you would simply just need to scale the image to 4x3.
Whoops, looks like I spoke too soon. I stand corrected. It did indeed
work if I put

    scale <4 , -3, 1 >
    translate <-1, 2 , 0>

in the material block (the signs may be due to right-handedness :-).

So, the question is, do we revert the change or leave it. I guess it
comes down to a question of what the default UV mapping should be.
If we have legacy scenes, I guess the previous version would be
better.

Since I've always expected UV coodinates in the 0..1 range I assumed
that my version was the desired mapping, but then I think right-handed
coordinates are easier to understand :-) (please, no flames, it was
meant in jest).

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom