POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : For Thorsten again : For Thorsten again Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  For Thorsten again
From: Tom Stone
Date: 19 Sep 2001 17:47:57
Message: <tom.stone-2009010011050001@d212-151-253-175.swipnet.se>
Hi,

I tried to look at several of the test renders I've tried during the last
few days, but I discovered that a lot of the resulting picts had not been
saved (it was just icons named xxxx.pict, that contained nothing, 0
bytes).
After restarting Pov-ray, the problem seemed to have gone away.
I've played around with it a few times now, and it seems like this:
Only the first render after Pov-ray has been started comes out alright,
the ones after the first render becomes 0 bytes big.
However, this seems limited to pict-output. When using tga or png output,
the image gets saved.

The menu "windows" disappears the second time I open a new scene file
after I've started Pov-ray, and do not appear again until I restart
Pov-ray.
Actually, it disappears at the same time I close the first scene file
(been reported before this) as the help menu is where the windows menu
should be.

Just one object is visible in "isosurface2", and that's the second one
from the left on the top row. The other objects seems to be ignored.

Trying to render "abyss.pov" causes the computer to freeze at the same
time the parsing starts.

Tom

--
Tom Stone

Phone: Int+46 40 192769, Tel: 040-192769
http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-52256/index.htm