POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (Mac) INI files : Re: (Mac) INI files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: (Mac) INI files
From: Tom Stone
Date: 17 Oct 2001 11:36:22
Message: <tom.stone-1710011800370001@d212-151-176-92.swipnet.se>
In article <3bcd9b2d@news.povray.org>, "Thorsten Froehlich"
<tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

>A cyclic animation can easily be created *without* the INI option because
>the Mac version calculates the correct values for you.
>This is not new, it is also in the (I have to admit hard to find and
>misplaced) "Animation tip" on page 29 of the 3.1g POV-Ray MacOS Read Me.

Ah, thanks Thorsten.
That's the way I usually does it, so I guess that I at some point have
read it in the docs. But it would still be nice to have access to the
Cyclic_Animation command.

That aside, is there a problem with the handling with INI files, or am I
doing something wrong? Like for example, have you yourself been able to
render the Portfolio folder the way the Readme file there instructs? If
so, how did you do it?

And have the "write INI file" been removed or moved somewhere else,
because I can't find it in version 3.5?

Also (sorry for repeating anything that is mentioned on the website, but
I'm on a computer without a internet browser today), the windows menu is
not disappearing anymore in beta 6, but now it doesn't seem to do anything
at all.

--
Tom Stone
Domarebacken 42, 14557 Norsborg, Sweden