POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. : Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 16:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not 24-bit color & Problems with Moray.
From: Peter Popov
Date: 25 Oct 2002 07:15:23
Message: <tn9irugjgpeqjl1dbl0mstf1tije2t8o9s@4ax.com>
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:11:36 EDT, "Lunaxx" <jka### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>It seems that this message should have been in Moray-section. Well anyway, I
>managed to fix to second problem (Moray&Pov co-work), but now there's just
>a new problem :-(. Great. When POV-Ray is starting render it shows a alert
>box, which says StretchDIBits () failed (Windows error).

That's a Windows error indicating that the standard Windows function
for resizing images (which POV uses to fit the image into the window)
has failed. It may be a limitation of your hardware, your drivers, or
the function itself - but not in POV.

>In addition to this the background of my rendered image is
>chequered like a chess board????

This is the more or less standardized way to display transparency. The
checker box shows where the image will be transparent - so you can use
it in a paint program to collage it with other images. If you do not
want this behavior, you should turn the alpha channel off (+ua in POV,
I don't know about Moray)

Hope this helps - and maybe try reading the docs :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg