POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : United POV-Ray? : Re: United POV-Ray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: United POV-Ray?
From: ABX
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:38:54
Message: <tk6mqukdl86ad295ulsan6j5oqmti2e0hn@4ax.com>
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:26:43 +0200, Micha Riser <mri### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
> > Seems like there is quite interest in this proposal. To be more concrete:
> > 1. Is out there anyone, who can provide (CVS?) server for unofficial
> > POV-Ray releases?
>
> I can set up CVS server on the povworld.org server. I am not an expert in
> CVS but I guess I could install it and the server has a more-or-less
> reliable connection to the net.

If there are no objections from the team around CVSed development of patched
3.5 and if you can setup some account for me, Micha, I think I can become
buildmaster for such server (unless You want to do it yourself). I can deliver
my PoPOV as initial version for such development. During further development
we can drop some *_PATCH definitions already included there. I have already
some ideas for directory structure for such multiplatform enviroment so
perhaps I could have best start for it. Can we use povray.unofficial.patches
as unofficial 'official' forum for this task then ?

ABX